2021 ASARA State Conference
Update April 8, 2021
The Arkansas Search and Rescue Association Board is excited to announce that we are planning on having the 2021 ASARA State Conference Wednesday, June 9 through Sunday, June 13, 2021.
We have received confirmation from Arkansas Tech University in Russellville that we will be able to hold the conference on their campus again this year, unless there are additional changes in COVID-19 guidelines. We are still waiting to get details on possible attendee limits and costs for food and lodging from ATU. Once we get this information, we will be opening up registration. We are hoping to get confirmation in the next few weeks. In the meantime, we wanted to give you a preview of some of the training opportunities we have planned.
“SAR Bootcamp” Track:
- NASAR Introduction to Search and Rescue (ISAR) (16 hrs)
- FEMA IS-100 Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS) (4 hrs)
- Practical ICS for SAR Missions (4 hrs)
- dbS Lost Person Behavior (LPB) (8 hrs)
- NASAR Initial Actions (IA) (8 hrs)
- ERI Initial Actions Incident Command (16 hrs)
- NASAR Introduction to SAR GIS with SARTopo (8 hrs)
- Shore Based Water Rescue and Low Angle Best Practices (8 hrs)
- NASAR Wilderness First Aid (WFA) (16 hrs)
- NASAR Advanced Search and Rescue (ADSAR) (16 hrs)
- Introduction to Light Structural Collapse (FEMA Type III) (8 hrs)
Breakout Sessions on Saturday and Sunday:
- Basic Navigation
- Intermediate Navigation
- Mission Weather
- Command and Tactical Communication Nets
- Staging Area Management
- Backcountry First Aid Best Practices
Other Conference Features:
- Arkansas TF1/Air National Guard Helicopter Demonstration
- Saturday Night Banquet with Keynote Speaker and recognition of ASARA SAR Hall of Fame and LODD Memorial
- Door Prizes
We will release more details on registration, schedule, lodging, meals, PPE and equipment needs, and other event details once we can get final confirmation from our venue and instructors. As you can imagine, with the constantly changing environment caused by COVID-19, we are not able to get some of these details nailed down as early as we would have liked but we are working hard on developing multiple contingency plans so that we will be able to provide you a quality event with quality training opportunities.
Please check back here or follow our Facebook Page for updates.